On Tuesday, February 14 at 7pm, pH will host their second annual One Billion Rising VDAY Fundraiser with a variety show – including a performance from pH’s house show Women On Top. pH Company Member Samantha Woodman once again hosts. “This is an important event for both the theater and the community and the point of One Billion Rising is to bring joy to these women affected by this horrible epidemic, I can think of nothing more joyous than an evening of laughter”, said Woodman.
In addition to the performances there will be a night-of raffle that will feature locally made items by women around Chicago. All proceeds from both the ticket sales and the raffle will go to benefit a local women’s shelter.
One Billion Rising VDAY Fundraiser is a one time only performance on Tuesday, February 14 at 7pm. Buy tickets now!
Find out more about One Billion Rising
Making it’s triumphant return, pHrenzy Bowl!
The ultimate improv comedy competition, pHrenzy Bowl pits teams against each other in comedic improv challenges, the losing team loses a player until only two remain to face off for the title of…
FUNNIEST PERSON ALIVE EVER.
Get tickets now!
Auditions for our next pHarm House Training Center admissions will be on Sunday, January 15th at The pH Comedy Theater (1515 W. Berwyn Ave.). Slots are available at 3pm and 4pm. Please register for an audition slot here.
The pH Comedy Theater is composed of an ensemble of about 35 performers who rotate in and out of shows on a weekly basis. We want our players to be successful on stage no matter who they are teamed with. Therefore, our training center’s purpose is to help individual performers be able to integrate—and successfully play—with anybody.
The program’s goal is to develop and hone your individual style, strengths, and self-awareness so that you can fit seamlessly into any team or ensemble in the future.
We also want you to play in front of audiences every week!
The 32-week program consists of four 8-week courses and provides participants the opportunity to use skills learned in class in front of a live audience. Each week, students have a 2-hour class (Sundays at 3 PM) and perform a 15-minute set Thursdays at 8 PM at The pH Comedy Theater. At the end of the program, graduated ensembles will have an 8-week run opening for the pH ensemble during 8PM weekend shows.
As a pHarm House Training Center participant, you will receive:
– Quality experiences. Quality teachers. Quality curriculum.
– Bang for the buck. $200 gets you 8 classes and 8 shows.
– pH Journal that follows you through the whole program. This portfolio diagnoses your strengths and weaknesses, tracks your progress, and provides clear feedback about how to improve.
– After finishing all four courses, your ensemble will continue to play as an opening team for pH signature shows for 8 weeks.
– pHarm House is a primary avenue for casting into the pH ensemble.
– Program participants can audition for select scripted shows while still taking classes.
– Free admission to pH improv shows
– Lifetime free enrollment in pH Workshops
pH welcomes performers off all levels of experience and all backgrounds. We are committed to providing a safe space and a joyful time to everyone in our pHarm House Training program.
We hope to see you at auditions!